PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The graphic designer is responsible for creating design solutions that have a high visual impact for both clients and internal projects.
The graphic designer reports to the Creative Director, Marketing Director and Project Coordinator.
- Meet with the creative, marketing director and account coordinator and at times clients to discuss business objectives and requirements of graphic design projects.
- Interpret the client’s business needs and develop creative design concepts to achieve their objectives.
- Think creatively to produce new ideas and concepts AND/OR work with design briefs to develop new concepts and ideas.
- Develop storyboards for videos and commercials.
- Present finalised ideas and concepts to the creative director and account coordinator.
- Estimate the time required to complete design projects.
- Keep track of all projects in-progress through company project management software.
- Update the account coordinator by updating progress in company project management software on a daily basis.
- Liaise with clients to ascertain design specifics to ensure that project is completed with accuracy and with minimal/no errors.
- Liaise with external service providers like printers, signage developers, web developers, etc. to ensure that designs and dimensions are accurate.
- Review final layouts/design with creative director and suggest improvements as needed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Have a thorough understanding of photography, typography and printing techniques.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Work well as part of a team, with a range of people.
- Have excellent computer skills in relevant art and design software packages (Photoshop, Indesign, Illustrator, Adobe After Effects, CC).
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be highly motivated and well organised.
- Have a good eye for detail.
- Be able to see other people’s point of view and cope with constructive criticism.
- Be able to work within strict budgets and deadlines.
- Respond to feedback in a timely manner.