PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Administrative Officer executes administrative, project, and executive support activities. He/she provides and/or oversees the provision of direct staff support to ALL functional departments (Photography, Video Production, Graphic Design, Marketing/Strategy, Web Development and Project Management/Client Relations). Provides specialist administrative services as appropriate in such areas as accounting; project coordination; customer service and general business administration.
The Administrative Officer reports to the Directors and works alongside the Accountant and Project Coordinator.
Financial Account Maintenance
- Oversee the accounts payable and accounts receivable systems in order to ensure complete and accurate records of all moneys.
- Issue and authorize purchase orders.
- Reconcile the accounts payable.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable.
- Manage distribution of utility bills.
- Prepare cheque payments.
- Provides and/or oversees the provision of staff support, which include handling walk-up and phone interactions, maintaining calendars, screening, analyzing, and responding to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day administrative problems and situations, and provision of secretarial support.
- Provides assistance and support to staff in problem-solving, project planning and coordination, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives.
- Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
- Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and organizations on operational and programmatic matters.
General Business Administration
- Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the office; develops policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends operational meetings, and participates in operational discussions, as appropriate.
- Ensures that office supplies and functional spaces are properly maintained through purchasing and third party suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES
- Computerized accounting programs (Specifically, Quickbooks Online).
- Accounts payable and accounts receivables.
- Google applications (Calendar, Gmail, Hangouts, Drive).
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Basic knowledge of media production processes (photography, videography, digital design and animation).
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective verbal and listening communication skills.
- Very effective organizational skills.
- Effective written communications skills.
- Computer skills including the ability to operate spreadsheet and word processing programs.
- Effective time management skills.
- Five (5) CSEC (CXC) O’ Levels passes inclusive of – Mathematics, English, Principles of Accounts and Principles of Business
- CAPE – A’ Level passes inclusive of – Business Management & Accounting
- Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis.
- Be honest and trustworthy.
- Be respectful.
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Demonstrate sound work ethics.
- The ability to work with a team.
The incumbent would normally attain the required knowledge and skills through completion of office procedures coursework combined with related administrative experience. Equivalencies will be considered.